Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Long Long Flight to Honolulu

Friday I checked in at 10 am for Honolulu. All went well till we were next for take off, the captain called and said we had a pressurization problem and we had to go back to the gate. They managed to find us a new plane ( no easy feat! Who just happens to have an overwater qualified 757 laying around?So 3 hours later we were off to Hawaii.
I met a lovely lady named Wally who was busy working on a hat (always a good travel project.) She was a retired chemistry teacher and her husband was a retired chemical engineer (there is a lot of chemistry between those two)
We finally arrived in:Honolulu after being on a plane for 11 and 1/2 hours. Oh, but it was well worth it !
I was up early for a morning walk on the beach.
I have to tell you this little observation. I was walking past the International market and saw the ugliest mu mu I have ever seen ( looked like it was made with a shower curtain) I thought to myself. Who would ever wear such a hideous creation? 5 hours later I was given my answer. I was standing in line at the grocery store behind the women wearing the monstrosity. Laughing I thought somebody up there has a sense of humor!

Well, seeing as I was still tired I decided to just plop down on the beach and hang. I thought about knitting, but the song of the sun and sand lulled me to pure relaxation.

Ahhhhhh and Aloha




( The view from my Back!)



Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment