Saturday, February 6, 2010

San Francisco ...... Open your golden gates.........




The great thing about exploring a city is finding its hidden treasures! San Francisco has many and I just keep finding more and more.
Today my buddies and I were off to Dotties True Blue for Breakfast/Brunch(just off the corner of Jones St and Geary St). Dotties has been touted as one of the best breakfast restaurants in the country (per usa today). It is very small and there is a usually a line. We got in pretty quick. It is defiantly worth the wait.




After Dotties it was off to find Urban Knitting. (http://www.urbanknitting.com/)






I have had a ton of recomendations to check out urban knitting from friends on Ravelry. It is located in a area called Hayes Valley. Hayes Valley is one of those hidden treasures I was mentioning earlier. They have passed an ordinance in the district to ban chains from coming in. It is a great way to support small local business. Urban Knitting is one of the crown Jewels of the neighborhood( from a knitters point of view). The store is big and airy and has a very urban loft feel. Loaded with beautiful yarn. Check out the wall of Malibrigo. The best part of Urban Knitting is the owner Helen. She is a no nonsense wonderful vibrant woman who's style and taste are reflected in her beautiful shop. The samples and patterns in the shop are sure to inspire( they did me.....) My only regret was that I didn't have time to sit and knit... Oh but I plan on returning. While in the area make sure you have time to shop Fell St and Hayes St. Urban Knitting is back to back with an other highly recommended spot The Blue Bottle coffee stand. I also really enjoyed Polanco A Gallery of Mexican Arts (http://www.polancogallery.com/)
The owners Aldo and John are warm and inviting with a beautiful selection of mexican art.
Give yourself some time when coming to the Hayes Valley area you will want to spend some time!
I want to think the men who knit and bay area knitters groups on ravelry who were so generous in there recommendations.
Stayed tuned I have more trips to San Francisco in February ..... More treaures to uncover.....
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment