Thursday, October 29, 2009

Art and Knitting in Toronto


Wow what a day it only took 2 buses,4 trains, and about 3 miles of walking. Oh but so worth it! It was a beautiful grey fall day not to cold about 55 degrees. It was off to the bus terminal. I think - chose the slowest bus to the subway trains. Oh well lots more knitting done. I was also armed with some really great music. I have been listening to Melody Gardot. You would think I was sick of her, but the love affair continues. I also had KD Lang's 49th parallel my homage to Canada. From the bus it was two subway trains to my first stop. I am wondering is it a rule you can't show any emotion on a subway. I mean come on smile people! I purposely smiled the whole way (maybe that's why everybody gave me such a wide berth. I finally got off at St George. And then it was a good hoof to Americo knitting store.

Well worth it what a beautiful store surrounded by all kinds of hip and funky stores. My buddies Sandee and Desiree both told me about this store they said it is pretty. They went kidding and an inspiration. Check out the web site. The patterns are amazing. Nicole and Grayden are wonderful. I was so annoyed that I am on a yarn diet.
I may not have mentioned it but I have put myself on a yarn diet. I need to drop a few ponds around my stash!
After Americo it was off to another fun funky knit store Lettuce Knit.
I had read about Megans knit store on the Yarn Harlots web site. ( If you have not been to her blog drop everything and read her site she cracks me up! I also love her books) Lettuce knit is in a wonderful eclectic neighborhood in a great old house. She has a great selection of my favorite Canadian yarns along with some other nice surprises.

My next destination was Art gallery of Ontario. I mentioned that my latest crush is an Artist named Emily Carr.
(Got in trouble for this piture. I didn't use a flash!) Her work took my breath away and she introduced me to another Artist I have fallen for Lawren S Harris. The unofficial leader of the group of 7. A group of Canadian landscape artists that showed their work in the 20s and 30s. Lawren S Harris. Took me to a wonderful place I could gaze at his landscapes all day and never tire.

After all the fun it was off to Tim hortons and some knitting then the long journey back to Mississauga. mmmmm donuts are ggod!
Post Script
I had to publish this post for each picture so I apologize to my followers if you were alerted quite a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment