Friday, April 9, 2010

Achooo Charlotte

After a late night red eye to Charlotte and a much need nap. I got a late Start in Charlotte. I was off to my favorite fiber heaven in Charlotte. Charlotte Yarn I love this store , not only is it a creative gold mine,but I dare you not to fall in love with Remi, the owner(I have a little crush on both she and her daughter). I always look forward to a visit to this amazing shop.



Check out this great shawl I mean don't you just want to knit it. It is a free pattern with purchase of yarn. This is just the tip of the iceberg of the great patterns and interesting ideas you will find in this great shop.






After the shop closed(OK i admit it I bought some yarn... I couldn't resist)
I was off to dinner. I had walked by 300 East(the name and the address of the restaurant),but after the glowing recommendation from Remi, I was on my way.





Wow words are going to be limited in my description of the food. The restaurant is in a wonderful old remodeled craftsman style bungalow. The hostess says there are a couple of ghosts and they sometimes show up in photos. I had the hanger steak and wow oh wow. the ambiance is charming and I thought the prices were great , especially after I saw the portions. another great little find on East blvd is a little store called Paper Skyscraper
This store is a eclectic shop with tons of really cool stuff .

OK ALERT THE POLLEN IS OUT OF CONTROL IN CHARLOTTE!
Achoo achoo I have been sneezing ever since I got home . There is a fine green dust on every thing. It sure is beautiful though the flowers are amazing. I am going to be in Charlotte 3 more times this month and I have just started on my list of things to do!( thanks to the Charlotte North Carolina Knitters Group on Ravelry)
Ahhhchoo I got to go get a tissue.... stay tuned

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our lovely city (despite the pollen). I haven't been to Charlotte Yarn in a few months and now I have to go. That lovely wrap will be mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the wonders of our city. This is a beautiful time of year. The pollen is the price we pay.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete